Sunday, March 29, 2009

Despite all the essay writing that has been taking place this past week I've actually done two things that I normally don't ever have time for: finished a book and watched one of those movies that everyone has seen but because I suck I never have.So for the first time this semester I actually finished a book for school. Usually I get 3/4 of the way through, realize I have to have another one read, put it down and move onto the next. This time I actually pulled through and finished Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club. Ive never seen the movie (ya, I know, I suck) so the story was totally new to me. (Although I was still able to picture Brad Pitt whenever Tyler Durden came up). Anyway, I liked it, I had the end ruined for me because we talked about it in class before it was done, and since it was a book for school Ive already torn the thing to pieces so not talking about it anymore good bye.

Then for the same class I watched American Psycho. We read an excerpt of the book for class so I thought it'd be cool to watch the whole movie. It was motherfucked. And again, all I could think about was how it applied to the class, which it did very well, but it also petrified me and taught me that I never want to be a hooker or get into the limos of strange men.

The end, back to essays.

No comments: