Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rain in Whistler??

It finally rained (for all of one hour before the sun came right back out) in this town and I decided to hide out in the public library for a while.

Picked up our good friend Adbusters and started to flip through the pages. I'm usually more of a page flipper than a reader but there was a piece by some chick Stephanie Bailey that I dug. The whole issue surround Nihilism and this particular page contained two columns in which Bailey wrote about Nihilistic attitudes versus Optimistic attitudes. I dug the end of the Optimism section so like the nerd I am I copied it down in my phone.


"The freedom of negative expression maintains oppression. Think twice about pessimism- it keeps unwanted systems in existence. Say something I haven't heard before."

No comments: