Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Peehee.


As a female I am very aware of what goes on behind the closed doors of the ladies room. The common occurrence of girls using the facilities in partners or often groups is openly discussed and I'm sure there are many theories as to what goes on behind those doors. But I have to ask, what about the events that take place in the restroom of the opposite sex? I had the opportunity to experience this almost first hand at my job in the summer as I had an excellent view of the sinks in the men's bathroom. I can safely say I've seen close to it all- fights, sweat mark and teeth inspections, hand washing (and lack thereof), and even the occasional toughness check (ie. punch my reflection to see how tough I look).

Where my real curiosity lies is not what happens in front of the mirror, but more the idea behind urinals. Like... why? You don't have urinals in your home, and you sure as hell wouldn't install one if you could just pick them up at your local Sears. Why can't dudes bathrooms just have your plain old stalls? Do guys get too drunk to aim? Is it some sort of ego boosting (or crushing) social activity? Is there a casual conversation initiated by the simple act of relieving oneself? Do you look? Or simply stare straight ahead and pretend the dude beside you isn't there?

I'm genuinely curious. Answers please!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

quickness and cleanliness, really. sometimes there are dirty ass stalls.

plus, without urinals, noone wants to walk in needing to piss and discover that they're in for 5 goddamn minutes of waiting because a bunch of people are taking shits. it's like the express line at the grocery, sure there are others, but i'm just in and out.

fun fact: more often then not, only HALF of the urinals are actually free, as no guy will use a urinal right next to one in use.

Andrew said...

ever notice how theres always lines for the ladies room, and never for the dudes?

you can cram a shitload more urnals into the space that with stalls is taken up by doors and barriers.

also if it was just toilets there'd be pee all over the seats therefore deeming the toilets useless for number 2's