Monday, November 24, 2008

Trunk Down cntd.

Well, I decided to get the other half of what is known to some as L squared to cover for me with the kids on Saturday because I just had to get out of London and do some boarding. I went to Collingwood to hang and ride with my winter family. Did some boarding, did some hanging, did some villageing. Dani B swiped up third place due to her very pretty front board 270 outski & more. (She thanks me for that trick.) Go her and her jean boardin!

Later in the evening some conversation was had about elephants and whether or not an elephant whose trunk is down is bad luck. I have an elephant necklace whose trunk is up and it's never brought me good luck per se, and I've never heard of anyone experiencing a bout of bad luck while in possession of one that appears to be sniffing the ground, but this has now changed. That evening I acquired a little black elephant, nose down. He went into my coat pocket and stayed there until I began the very early morning mission back to my children. Back roads and fast speeds seem like an excellent idea to me, especially very early in the morning, and especially on a Sunday. No cars and no apparent need to stick to the speed limit. Right? .. Wrong.



As soon as the cop went back to his car to write me that bad boy I remembered my new friend hanging out in my pocket. Needless to say his new home quickly became the floor of my car. My strategy for court: tears.

That being said, a theory discriminating against trunk-down elephants can't be tested solely on one unfortunate event, so, I have made it my mission this week to bring him with me everywhere I go to see if the luck continues to go sour. Today, for instance, my london fog came WITHOUT vanilla. The little trunk down was in my school bag hanging over my shoulder as I ordered. Coincidence? I think not.

1 comment:

steve. said...

118 in a 60?!

jesus fuck, thats quite a lead foot.